Kubo versions > 0.15.0 gateway and slow IPNS performance

With --enable-pubsub-experiment --enable-namesys-pubsub enabled in IPFS 0.20.0, ipfs name resolve does not always return the most recent record I expect. However, if I add the -s option, it returns multiple results, one of which is the most recent one I was expecting. Currently, there seems to be no way to identify the freshness of a record in the CLI/API output. As a workaround, I’ve been using a Redis sorted set to track the first time a CID result appears, but this feels like a hack and I’m looking for a better solution.

In the above example, when I first ran ipfs name resolve , it returned ...xyki , which is an outdated CID for that IPNS. After I added -s , the expected ...aa6m appeared. However, there’s no way to determine from the CLI/API output which one is the most recent.

@livid create a new post please

2 Likes

Trying to figure out how to temporarily disable the resource manager, can’t find:

• what file to edit (~/.ipfs/config?)
  • syntax of text to add

You post here stating to use “Swarm.ResourceMgr.Enabled = false” is not JSON so it must not be a directive for the config JSON file.

Docs about resource manager are not clear to me. Useful examples that at least state to config res. mgr. edit ResourceMgr section in Swarm section of ipfs config file.

Can it be disabled by replacing the entire default ResourceMgr section of Swarm in config file with: “ResourceMgr”: { “Enabled”: false } ? Or perhaps just adding “Enabled”: false, to the existing key/values?

I figured it out - just insert “Enabled”: false, at the top of the default ResourceMgr settings of ipfs config file & restart.

We should have fixed this bug in Kubo v0.21 or v0.22 I don’t recall. Try updating your Kubo node.