NEED HELP! Files that are downloaded are broken!

When I upload a .dmg file to the ipfs network and then try to download it I get a damaged file. I will get the .dmg file but when i try to open it it says it is unrecognizable. Please help. Also I am on mac os x sierra.

Do you have a test DMG I can download? One that winds up unrecognizable on your end? I’m still on El Capitan, but we might narrow down the problem that way, i.e. determine whether it has something to do with Sierra or not.

PS: have uploaded a lot of DMGs, but no problems yet on El Capitan.

Um I think i might have fixed it but now I get this error

14:34:21.793 ERROR commands/h: open /User/.ipfs/blocks/N7: too many open files client.go:247
Error: open /User/.ipfs/blocks/N7: too many open files

Um I think i might have fixed it but now I get this error

14:34:21.793 ERROR commands/h: open /User/.ipfs/blocks/N7: too many open files client.go:247
Error: open /User/.ipfs/blocks/N7: too many open files

Please try the latest release candidate as this issue should have been fixed. You can find it here: https://dist.ipfs.io/go-ipfs/v0.4.11-rc2

Assuming you’re using OSX, go-ipfs_v0.4.11-rc2_darwin-amd64.tar.gz is the file you want to use.

Please let us know if this fixes the issue or not. Hopefully this week or next (unless some showstopper is found), we’ll make this a proper release.

Just a question, how do I update it.

Extract the downloaded archive and move the extracted binary to $PATH. Assuming you did this for installing go-ipfs in the first place or did you install IPFS via some other manner?