A software that allows me to manipulate IPFS files as they in were local

I am looking for a visual solution that will allow me to manipulate files on IPFS as soon as I want to manipulate local folders? Is there a product available for this solution and do you guys know anything about it?

1 Like

This isn’t correct. FUSE will not allow you to manipulate files. It is read only. The best you can do is MFS but you can only interact with that either programmatically or through the CLI but you asked for a visual solution so I’m guessing you want to use some sort of file explorer.

There has been some work to add write capability to FUSE but I’m not sure where it stands and it definitely isn’t in the mainline ipfs repo.

I find it hugely disappointing that a technology that as “File System” as 50% of the name doesn’t have support for this.

1 Like

I created ipfs-sync last year, and I use this to have directories I can modify, and ipfs-sync automatically updates my MFS + IPNS keys. Hope that helps somewhat (it’s not perfect, but I use it daily).

1 Like

Thank you, sir. I will definitely check it out.

1 Like

If it is compatible with S3 I have found that there are many file explorers that can do this.

Unfortunately it’s not. There is a plugin to use S3 as a datastore but I believe that’s using S3 to store blocks, not files, so it would be gibberish if read as files.