Bugs in 0.5.0 regarding file names/types

I added an ods file on one test server via the web ui, everything normal. When I go to download the file on a second test server across the wan, the ods file downloads as a zip file. Is this normal behavior? It certainly opens as a zip as well, but obviously there’s additional data in there.
Also, is it typical for all files to download as the cid and no file extension? I just started playing around with ipfs today, but I think the previous version downloaded files with proper names.
Thanks for the help.

I am suspecting ODS files are just some sort of ZIPs. It downloads as ZIP because that is the type that could be guessed for the content type.

Once you save it with the .ods extension your system should treat it as such.

However this is wrong. It should detect the right content type. I have opened an issue here: https://github.com/ipfs/go-ipfs/issues/7252 . The problem is upstream, but maybe we can change the library that does the detection.

Thanks. It’s not a huge issue, but it threw me off the first time I saw it happening.

1 Like

This is now fixed on master

I’ll give it a try today. Thank you!