Vote for IPFS in Chromium!

Hey guys :slight_smile:

I just created a ticket for Chromium to implement native support for the IPFS protocol. This would be a big undertaking, so they probably won’t do it unless they see a lot of interest.

Therefore I invite you to go to the bug and star it, and share why you want IPFS to become part of the browser: 1321397 - chromium - An open-source project to help move the web forward. - Monorail - BUT PLEASE BE CIVIL. If someone else has already said what you wanted to say, then there’s no need to repeat it, and there’s no need to insult the developers either, that only makes them less interested in helping.

1 Like

I don’t have any comments on your open issue.

But FYI we have a team that works on this and talks to some chromium devs / teams.

You should checkout #browsers-and-standards on the IPFS discord.

2 Likes

Thanks for the link! I figured you were already doing something about this. My open issue is specifically aimed at the Project Fugu team, which is working on giving PWAs the same capabilities as native apps. I think this is a new way to attack the problem, and it might help to get some more chromium developers interested in making this happen, given that they are currently spending a lot of their resources on Fugu.

The issue will also be tracked here: https://fugu-tracker.web.app/ which should give it a bit more visibility.