I’m writing an implementation for a p2p matching app (e.g. tinder) and I’m looking at Helia as a database and possibly communication solution (been following libp2p for years now).
I see it has a react browser example with vite, which is great, and I assume it actually works.
I basically have all the parts except I need:
- a way to distribute profiles, which I thought to do using some gossip or pubsub
- a way to send messages between peers that know each other’s other’s public adresses.
- What assurances does one have of storing something using helia? in other words - can I expect a certain data retention, or can I ensure it by paying somehow?
- Can I use helia as a pubsub to distribute profiles? in this scenario will peers be required to broadcast their profiles periodically or once is enough?
- Can I use helia to send messages between peers? (not big files, just short programmatic updates)
- is https://polybase.xyz/ also a good choice? does it work in the browser? how is it different?