"IPFS API is Offline" for Firefox, but not Chrome. IPFS desktop daemon and CLI are running fine

I wanted to get back into using IPFS, and decided to update and install IPFS on Firefox, my main web browser. Unfortunately, no matter what I do (including but not limited to reinstallation of both the desktop daemon and the CLI daemon) it has no effect. Firefox cannot connect to the local gateway for some reason, however Chrome can.

Chrome’s localhost is set to the same localhost that the Firefox companion is set to. Moreover, attempting to turn on the localhost capabilities within the settings of IPFS in browser causes an error message to pop up, stating that its API is set to offline automatically as a fallback.

Interestingly, attempting to use the experimental embedding service within the companion connects IPFS to the daemon and shows currently connected peers, but unfortunately doesn’t perform anything within the browser upon activation. Really, it’s this one part that makes me unable to move forward with knowing exactly what’s the problem. In other scenarios (such as chrome being unable to access to daemon, or firefox simply being completely dark) it’s a much simpler guess as to what could be the problem. The issue is, I don’t know what could be causing the experimental feature to work, but the base feature to not function.

I have installed the latest version of the plugin, have not set firewalls blocking access for Firefox to any ports, have installed the latest version of the desktop daemon, and have not changed any settings for either the IPFS daemon nor the IPFS companion.

Desktop :

• Browser [Firefox]
  • Version [Firefox v. 85.0b4; Windows 10 v. 1909]

Just wanted to state, before other people respond! This is less asking for complete guidance, and more community discussion. Does anybody else have this problem, or have had this problem? If so, what did you do to fix it? Or did you do one of those “um. it just kind of worked itself out” maneuvers?

I have already submitted a Report on the Companion’s GitHub Repo over this issue.

Perhaps the FF’s developer console has some errors to explain what is going on.