I’ve been re-directed by the fantastic team at DAppNode re an ongoing issue I have with my dappnode and IPFS causing the modem to crash at least once an hour.
- Dappnode running since early Dec, in the last two weeks the modem has started crashing and rebooting itself only to happen again soon after.
- I have isolated the issue to IPFS and turning it off and on will cause the issue to manifest
- I have tried different IPFS settings; Default, Low Power and custom with lower ‘Low Water’ and ‘High Water’ values
- I’ve had a new modem sent to me by the ISP but the issue still persists
- The only option that doesn’t cause the modem to crash is to turn IPFS off.
Technical Set up
- ISP = Virgin Media UK
- Modem is their Hub 3 https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/wi-fi-routers-and-extenders/virgin-media-hub-3-intelligent-wifi
- Modem is set in ‘modem mode’
- Netgear AX8 router used for connecting internal devices.
- Dappnode running on a nuc
I have a network engineer coming this week so I was hoping that if there is a known conflict or configuration on their network that they can turn on or off I was going to request that to be enabled or disabled.
Any other advice or tests I should perform would be appreciated.