--enable-pubsub-experiment --enable-namesys-pubsub enabled in IPFS 0.20.0,
ipfs name resolve does not always return the most recent record I expect. However, if I add the
-s option, it returns multiple results, one of which is the most recent one I was expecting. Currently, there seems to be no way to identify the freshness of a record in the CLI/API output. As a workaround, I’ve been using a Redis sorted set to track the first time a CID result appears, but this feels like a hack and I’m looking for a better solution.
In the above example, when I first ran
ipfs name resolve , it returned
...xyki , which is an outdated CID for that IPNS. After I added
-s , the expected
...aa6m appeared. However, there’s no way to determine from the CLI/API output which one is the most recent.