Is pinning mutable files possible in the IPFS Desktop app?

I am interested in contributing to a blog that utilizes the IPFS protocol for content distribution. To facilitate access to the content for other peers, I have pinned the blog on my local node using the IPFS Desktop app, which runs in the background while I’m using the computer.

The blog, despite being a static site compiled with a static site generator, undergoes regular updates. Additionally, it employs a version control system through a Git client, allowing readers to contribute, for example, by correcting spelling mistakes. Consequently, not only are new HTML static files added, but existing files are frequently updated.

The blog is addressed using IPNS, and, as I said, I have imported it to my local IPFS node using the companion browser extension. In the event of the site updating with new content or versions, will these changes be automatically reflected in my local node?

I understand that the CID of files changes with any modification, but I am aware of the existence of a Mutable File System accessible through the CLI. My question is whether this system is integrated into the desktop app.

As a non-technical user of the IPFS protocol, I may not be fully aware of the practicability of utilizing the Mutable File System for this specific use case.

I found the response: while the MFS is accessible through the IPFS CLI and API, it is not directly integrated into the IPFS Desktop app.

Pinning a website using the IPFS Desktop app will not automatically update with new content or versions. However, there was a cohosting feature proposition in 2019:

We are now working on the specification of a new feature called cohosting, i.e., having a local copy of some website on your machine. You can do that just because you would like to keep a website available to others or because you want to read it offline later. Then, IPFS Companion or IPFS Desktop would re-check every few hours to make sure the website is up to date. It would be interesting to hear your thoughts!

There is an MVP (Minimum Viable Product) bash script that can be used for the CLI, and an NPM-based interactive CLI tool. However, the development of this idea stopped a long time ago, and there has been no progress on the desktop app, companion extension, and web UI implementations.