Publish Website on IPFS

Is that possible to publish our own website on IPFS? Is that possible to support web back-end database on IPFS at the same time so that Web UI could interact with back-end data? If yes, could you give me some idea on what the application structure looks like? Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

I’ve published a couple create-react-app applications using fleek.co. The process was relatively straightforward and the result amenable.

3 Likes

Thanks, does that mean we need firstly deploy our website on GITHUB repo so that we could simply deploy to IPFS with Fleek?

Hey, Brett from fleek.co here. Thanks for the mention @dysbulic.

Is that possible to publish our own website on IPFS?

Yes, just takes a few clicks to get your site deployed on fleek

Is that possible to support web back-end database on IPFS at the same time so that Web UI could interact with back-end data?

Backend databases are possible on IPFS, take a look at products like OrbitDB and Textile Threads & Buckets. We are planning to add support for these soon. You can already store files on IPFS separate from your app via our storage product we released last week.

If yes, could you give me some idea of what the application structure looks like?

Currently the probably easiest first step is to host your frontend on IPFS. That can interact with the rest of your stack per usual. Here’s a quick blog we wrote that might help explain it.

2 Likes

Yes, currently you need to connect to GitHub. We are releasing more git provider options, deploy via CLI, and drag & drop files to deploy, and deploy via API… all very soon.

Thanks to all of you guys for sharing this useful information i was looking for it thanks to you guys i will create my site and publish it on ipfs.