System emails bounce back

hi site admins and DNS admins,

i’d like to notify you about a misconfigured DNS record which causes registration and other system emails do NOT get delivered. could you please reach out whoever responsible for emailing and dns config to fix it?

i was about to register on discuss.ipfs.io, but the verification email comes from discoursemail.com does not get accepted because of invalid SPF record.
here is what SPF validators says:

Invalid SPF Policy
The policy contains one or more syntax errors.
Invalid term “2602:fd3f:0000:ff06::/64”: name must not begin with a non-alpha character.

Results - PermError SPF Permanent Error: Unknown mechanism found: 2602:fd3f:0000:ff06::/64
Return to SPF checking tool (clears form)

Context: Failed to query MAIL-FROM
ErrorCode: (2) Could not find a valid SPF record
Error: Invalid character at start of mechanism near ‘2602:fd3f:00’
Error: Failed to compile SPF record for ‘discoursemail.com

could you please fix it?
it’s just simply “ip6:” prefix is missing at the front of the last ipv6 range.
thanks.

andreas

Thanks for the report. This is an issue with the discourse.org people (our hosting for these boards which controls discoursemail.com). I have raised the issue with them.

thanks hector!
btw since then I looked deeper into this issue and it seems this misconfiguration does not necessarily lead to bounce, it depends on how MTA handles ‘permerror’ SPF condition. see https://superuser.com/questions/1587099/what-is-the-recommended-way-to-process-buggy-spf-dns-txt-records/1587199#1587199 .
you may also connect me to them.

Should be fixed now.