Hello, I started an ipfs through docker on the docker host, but I can't communicate with the 5001 port of ipfs on other servers on the same network segment. There is no firewall on my server with the docker host. Does traffic forwarding matter? Error conn

Hello, I started an ipfs through docker on the docker host, but I can’t communicate with the 5001 port of ipfs on other servers on the same network segment. There is no firewall on my server with the docker host. Does traffic forwarding matter? Error connection timeout, but in fact this port is already listening on my host

If I recall correctly the documentation discourages opening up port 5001 on nodes as that would compromise the network and considered a security hole. Communication between peers/nodes is supported to be “gossipsub” for PubSub messenger…

Thank you for your reply, I want to ask again, if I want to build ipfs in kubernetes, and we also need to use webui, how can I do it?

You could use an SSH tunnel and forward the control port if you need to use the WebUI in a secure way. This resource may be helpful: SSH Tunneling: Client Command & Server Configuration