Is it common to have a pin add command stuck at a particular CID?

I’m running ipfs pin add bafybeifn7mfodhprlrd4fy6y2robhh2ksztyp7te6ecfw7am6bpxopsyma

and it’s stuck there for like hours.

Is there a way to configure a timeout on IPFS node?

This is golang code and like almost all golang codes this uses context.Context propagation, that means you can CTRL + C, kill, … your CLI, this is gonna create an HTTP connection error which will be propagated and the pin will stop.
example using timeout:

$ timeout 5m ipfs pin add Qmfoo

You can also see what CID it is stuck with watch ipfs stats bitswap

1 Like

Thanks so much for replying all my posts. Yesterday I’ve been running lots of pin add bafyxxxxx and all seems fine.

But today, I ran the below and keep getting timeouts.

Error: context canceled
Timeout occurred for CID bafybeifjtfsgtybrswrwmzntqgoo73stdbzit5ixucwvvr4a34ed5i5cve.

Timeout occurred for CID bafybeibfiyxncl3bjbg3xhk3ou34xc4kz5wpinwyiy7gmmvue63mcbk4su.

Timeout occurred for CID bafybeifxbu4pahpi7bftjgjzewmpsextqllpocyvhg3fkacf5nseizdj4i.

Timeout occurred for CID bafybeiayc5cvaskp5ibs7xqlu4akqaghpzzpq55epxrynhfq5y6znqreja.

Timeout occurred for CID bafybeieseea5bfcayfpmkcb4rqqxi6ntt2gyinxqiu3ds7nwtksk4oixii.

Timeout occurred for CID bafybeic6c3eo3ocllwtbngrjqo2ijo2nkbyet2xoyszgtzkj3qchljmkdi.

Timeout occurred for CID bafybeiah5a2cnbdzovnbd5pxvlc5uptj75gowl24nizwqfpbbzrcajwsia.

Timeout occurred for CID bafybeiepgnbenmcfrwmlilpe34h63bqyeqdcm7i6lwvay5meric2avkf5u.

How to resolve this? I’ve restarted by daemon and added DHT too.

It seems to be working now. But why i can’t pin some CIDs while the CIDs are there on IPFS network?

Try pl-diagnose.on.fleek.co and ipfs-check.on.fleek.co