- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy
As IPFS asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by violates your copyright, and if this website resides in the USA, you are encouraged to notify IPFS in accordance with IPFS’s [Digital Millennium Copyright Act] (“DMCA”) Policy. IPFS will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. IPFS will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of IPFS or others. In the case of such termination, IPFS will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to IPFS.
Please see the following IPFS links
there are more links part 2 and part 3 (but limited to 2 links)
Livestreaming admitting it - Morbius The Non Fungibleish Movie - YouTube
Shouldn’t you email them instead of posting this on a public forum?
What’s the point in trying to stop Piracy if you aren’t a copyright owner or agent.
This is from the link above.
1, 5 & 6 I cannot provide.
Your DMCA Notice must include all of the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner, or a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identification (URL) of the copyrighted work or material being infringed upon;
- Description of the work or material that you claim to be infringing and would like to be removed, including information regarding its location (URL) with enough detail so that we can and verify it;
- Your full legal name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address where we can contact you;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in your DMCA Notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
If you are not capable to provide 1 and 6, do you even own thoses files ?
Because only the owner (or someone on the behalf of the owner) can perform such requests.
This is because a copyright infringement isn’t automatic, if the owner is fine with they can choose to do nothing about it (and if you aren’t in contact with the owner how could you know what they think of it ?).
I would maybe advise you to report thoses files to the owners but that it.
yeah did that, guess its the only way.
Can I conclude therefore that IPFS is not censorship resistant? If you guys can remove links, then IPFs is also not truly decentralised. Anyone that hacks you can also destroy all IPFS links I guess.
The blocks apply to the IPFS gateways ran by Protocol Labs. They do not apply to the protocol, or your ipfs node, or the network. You are responsible for what you do with that.
This would just be protocol’s lab gateway that would stop serving thoses files. So you couldn’t acess it through
ipfs.io's servers, but if you use you own IPFS node it would still work, then it mostly is (there are sybil attacks, which is complicated).
That’s good to hear. A censorable IPFS doesn’t seem very useful.
IPFS is censorable to an extend. It’s hard to do and we don’t have any other cheap solution to fix this for now.
See Sybil attack - Wikipedia.
(it can be made really hard to perform but not within unreasonable bounds, like with cryptography keys for example, guessing them is possible, it just take longer than the universe has been around, with DHT thoses kinds of exponential complexity doesn’t work)
Filecoin is censorship resistant tho as it’s not possible to poison part of the address space because it uses a blockchain and everyone syncs metadata.