I’m trying to figure out if this is a supported use case and it’s pretty confusing.
Basically, I dont want to bother with receiving images on my webserver; I want to do:
- Client uploads files to IPFS, send CID to my server
- On server I then do an ipfs ls to get the metadata of the CID and inspect it to make sure it looks right without downloading the files.
- if it looks good, pin it.
I would have thought this was a simple (and common?) use case but it’s been a bit fraught:
- Infura doesn’t allow ls.
- Pinata’s IPFS node doesnt return file name or size (I need the size)
- Pinata’s public gateway also has a CORS config which doesn’t allow you to upload from a browser.
So is uploading from the browser directly to IPFS a common use case? Am I supposed to be running a node or something?