Here are a few metrics I think Kubo nodes should expose publicly, that means anyone could crawl the DHT your node is on and download theses statistics.
- Do the node think it is blackholed.
- On UDP
- On IPv6
- Do the node think it natively have a public IP.
- Do the node think it successfully setup UPNP.
- Incoming received connections per ip version + protocol.
- Connection attempts per ip version + protocol.
- Connection successes per ip version + protocol.
- Holepunching stats.
This would help to see what protocols are working well in the wild, and which one are not. I doubt there would be any surprises, but this would be good data.
Would you be fine if your Kubo node shared theses metrics to everyone ?