IPFS Pinning files

Lock files

Hello everybody
I am trying to set up IPFS nodes in the various locations of a company. Let’s say that at the moment I have not encountered great difficulties in installing and starting these nodes. But I couldn’t find simple solutions to some of my needs that arose after starting nodes.

1. How do I make some files locked in all my nodes without having to pin them node by node? I thought I could generate an access token from each of my nodes to be inserted in each node in the pinning service, how do I generate an access token for one of my nodes?

I have seen that there is this solution GitHub - ipfs/pinning-services-api-spec: New vendor-agnostic Pinning Service API for IPFS ecosystem but I have not understood much and I cannot use it. I would need a simple command through the cli to generate the token …

Of course I have access to all my nodes remotely.

Not in kubo, you would need to use a “manager” software like Kubo or GitHub - DeedleFake/sips: A Simple IPFS Pinning Service (I’ve not tested SIPS myself just heard it’s good).

1 Like

…if I activate the pinning on a folder, will this also be extended to all the files contained in the folder?

Thank you!

if I activate the pinning on a folder, will this also be extended to all the files contained in the folder?

Yes

1 Like