An extended info session to talk about UCANs.
Join us in Haaloft on the 8th floor
Feel free to post questions in the comment thread on this post or ping us in the IPFS Thing Slack.
UCAN Community website https://ucan.xyz
UCAN WG Github UCAN Working Group · GitHub
Wiki page on Fission Discourse forum User Controlled Authorization Networks (UCAN) Resources - Wiki - Fission Talk
Related talks and Presentations:
- Connecting IPFS Users and Permissions to DIDs with UCAN by @hugomrdias as part of Connecting IPFS Track
- Chris Joel’s cofounder Gordon talks about using UCAN for Subconscious
We won’t get through all of this, so consider these kick off discussions and lead assignment, likely continue in UCANwg discussions.
Likely mid-September alongside Dappcon / CASA UCAN “Summit” timing · Discussion #82 · ucan-wg/spec · GitHub
Also: could continue discussions / do Unconf at PLN Lab week, likely last week in September (probably also Europe based).
TBD: Schedule time for Native Mobile UCANs + login with Subconscious team? Somewhere on west coast, maybe SF Bay area where Chris is based.
Capability registry, as a way to showcase, share, and learn from the way different apps and services are
Goal could also be to actively have a way for developers to compose different services
Various people are interested in / working on supporting more / different types of DIDs with UCAN directly.
- SIWE (Sign in With Ethereum / Sign in With Everything) - blockchain accounts, Fission is working on this with WalletAuth
- PassKey - there’s a thread on this, we need to assign some leads and have a kick off meeting
- FIL – FIL generally doesn’t have a spec for injecting / connecting to apps (e.g. no ethersJS / web3.js); Brave now has a FIL account, MetaMask has a snap, if we define a filJS, then we could even define this to work smoothly with UCANs
@boris wrote about FIL accounts previously: FIL accounts - PL Unconference - Webnative Filecoin Integration - Fission Talk
Talk about what everyone is working on, how we can work together.